Welcome to your tour of Sri Lanka! The Emerald Isle!
Once you arrive at Colombo International Airport, after clearing Customs & Immigrations you will be met by our local representative and transferred by road to your hotel in Negombo.
Rest of the day leisure.
Overnight stay at hotel, Negombo .
Today you will be driven down to Sigiriya. En route visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
* Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage - Started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded, the orphanage has grown to be a big family today.
After this unique experience, visit the famous Sigiriya Rock via Dambulla.
* Dambulla is a vast isolated rock mass 500ft high and a mile around the base. Here is found the famous Rock Temple dating to the First Century BC. The caves of Dambulla sheltered the King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile from Anuradhapura. When he regained the throne he built the most magnificent of Rock Temples to be found on the Island. * Sigiriya is home to the 5th Century Fortress in the Sky which is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. It is also known as Lion Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the fortress. Within its triple-moated defence the huge rock rises almost to a sheer height of 500ft. On its summit are the foundations of what was once a great and sumptuous palace and gardens complete with swimming pool. On one of the stairways the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of life sized damsels in all the freshness and delicacy of their original colour.
Overnight stay at Hotel, Sigiriya.
After breakfast depart for Polonnaruwa and visit the ancient ruins of Polonnaruwa.
* Polonnaruwa - the Capital of Sri Lanka from 11th - 13th Century, contains some splendid and spectacular statues. Lankatileke, Tivanka and Thuparama are the most beautiful and largest shrine ruins and Tivanka has the best example of frescoes of the Polonnaruwa period. Rankot Vihara and Kiriwehera are well preserved large stupas, and Gal Vihare - a rock shrine, has four Buddha statues, two seated, one standing and one reclining and Parakrama Bahu statue are examples of Sinhalese stone carver. The Vata-da-ge is a unique creation of the Sri Lankan artists.
After your afternoon tea you will proceed to Anuradhapura.
Overnight stay at hotel, Anuradhapura.
After breakfast explore Anuradhapura The one of the most sacred city of Srilanka and get amazed with its archeological wonders. Anuradhapura is the most celebrated of Sri Lanka's ancient ruined cities. The city's greatest treasures are its dagabas constructed of small sun-dried bricks and hemispherical in shape. The most notable of these dagabas are the Ruvanveli which dates back to the 2nd Century BC and is 300ft in diameter, the Jetawanarama is 370ft and the Thuparama which enshrines the collarbone of the Buddha. The city's most renowned relic is the sacred Bo-Tree which is said to have grown from a branch of the tree under which the Buddha gained enlightenment. It was planted 2250 years ago and is the oldest historic tree in the world. After visit of these historical sites, leave for Kandy. En route visit a spice garden and batik factory in Matale. * Spice Garden at Matale and see the luscious Cinnamons, Cardamons, Pepper plants etc. You can also purchase your requirements of spices at your own cost. * Batik Factory where you can see the manufacture of beautiful Batik prints. The shop contains a wide variety of Batik items. You will reach Kandy in the evening then check in at your hotel and relax.
Overnight stay at hotel, Kandy
After breakfast commence city tour of Kandy, including Upper Lake Drive, Market Square, Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
* Kandy - the hill capital. Venue of the annual Perahera.
* Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha's Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka's most prized possession.
* Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya, Sixty Seven hectares of exquisite beauty and botanical treasurers containing more than 4000 species, this is haven not only for Scientists but to every nature lover as well.
Thereafter you will be transferred to Bentota.
Overnight stay at hotel, Beruwala.
After breakfast check out from hotel and proceed to Galle along the south coast to & commence sightseeing of Galle. * Galle - Sri Lanka's most historically interesting town is Galle. Built on a premonitory rock in the south of the Island. It was a major port until about 100 years, but today still handles shipping and sailing boats in the natural harbour. Stroll around the Light House and harbour or visit the old town where you can see the traditional lace makers and carvers and purchase some the finest shell-craft souvenirs in the world at you own expense.
After this sightseeing your chauffeur guide will transfer you to Colombo & afternoon commence half day city tour of Colombo. * Colombo a drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree-lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street - the Goldsmith's quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth looking at. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square.
Overnight stay at Hotel, Colombo.
After breakfast check out from hotel and depart for the International airport for flight back to home with wonderful memories of Sri Lanka.
Want to book the above mentioned tour or looking for something more personalized - Send us the query and we will help you. All our tours are personalized individual tours and can be started any time of the month or year. However if you didn't find something that you are looking for, we can surely help to customize it and match it to your exact requirements. We're all about adapting to the needs of every guest !